The Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) Rules Division is in the process of implementing a new e-filing system. Currently, the e-filing system allow Rulemaking Coordinators to submit Notice of Proposed Rules for Publication in the NC Register (Form 0300). Over time, the e-filing system will be expanded to accommodate additional filing types.
What Does This Mean For Me?
You must be an Agency Rulemaking Coordinator to use the Rules e-filing system. OAH will enter all authorized users into the system. The system can be accessed from the following location: https://www.encrats.oah.state.nc.us/Login.aspx
The system will provide the following benefits:
- Central location for rule filings (created using the system)
- Assistance with the population of the OAH forms
- Validation of information entered (such as proposed effective date, comment period dates, etc)
- Access to OAH copy of the rules associated with the filing (Cleaned up version)
- Real Time status information as the filings are processed by OAH staff
Will There Be Training For The E-filing System?
The e-filing system is intuitive; however, we will be offering training for those persons that are interested. As training opportunities are scheduled, we will send an email to all Rulemaking Coordinators to make them aware of the plan and to solicit participation.
There is a brief overview of the system at: /documents/rules/e-filing-training-071019/download. Please review this PowerPoint before using the system. Please contact the Rules Division at 984-236-1850 if you have additional questions.
There is no fee for training, registration, or use of the system.
Initial System Access
To access the system, go to the following website: https://www.encrats.oah.state.nc.us/Login.aspx
Enter your agency email address in the space provided. The initial password will be provided to you by the Rules Division. Once that information is successfully entered, you will be prompted to change your password and enter a password hint reminder on your first login. If it would be helpful, you may add up to two additional email addresses to the system. These addresses will receive copies of all correspondence generated by the e-filing system. Please also review the other information on the screen (name, address, and contact info). If this information is incorrect, please contact the Rules Division at 984-236-1850.
Additional Notification E-Mails. These email addresses can be used to provide notifications to accounts such as an office assistant. Secondary email accounts cannot log in to the system. These entries are optional.
Password/Confirm. Enter your password in the password and confirm boxes. Passwords have no restrictions on length or content.
Reminder Hint/Answer. Enter a reminder hint such as “my first public school” and the answer to the hint in the answer box. If you forget your password and request it to be reset, the hint will be shown and you must provide the exact answer.
When completed, click the "submit" button. If required information is missing, a message will appear (“please correct the errors indicated on the page”) and a red exclamation mark will appear next to each box which requires correcting. After correcting the information, click the "submit" button again.
Important: You are responsible for your password privacy and security. Your password hint question and answer should not be obvious or easily guessed, and the hint should not be the same as the answer. If you suspect your account has been compromised, immediately change your password and your hint question/answer.
1. How do I include an assistant in my registration so they can view and submit filings?
- Provide the assistant’s email information in the additional notification email box. They will receive all email notifications that you receive. To view and submit filings on your behalf, you would need to give them access to your account.
2. How do I share access to my filings for multiple people within an organization?
- You can use a general email account as the primary account and share that with others in the organization if you have a trusted group. Otherwise, all contact will go through one primary person.
3. I have changed my email address, what do I need to do?
- You will need to contact the Rules Division at 984-236-1850.